Monday 19 August 2013

To Liv (Zwei Leben)

I found this movie by chance and was drawn to it. It's a Norwegin/German collab.
It's based on the novel Eiszeiten by Hannelore Hippe.
It has been quite some time since I saw a Norwegian movie and watching this made me think I should try to watch more of them.
By watching this one, it made me think that Norway has a lot of deep wounds after the second world war. And there are a lot more to be solved but probably impossible to do.
It was a good movie and I'm happy I saw it. I recommend others to watch it as well.


★★★★

Story
Two Lives tells the story of German-Norwegian Katrine, who grew up in East Germany after World War II, but moved to Norway as a 25-year-old to reunite with his Norwegian mother. Her father was a German soldier and Katrine was sent as a baby to Germany under the direction of the Nazi "Lebensborn program" - initiated by Heinrich Himmler to "renew the German blood". Having lived happily with her Norwegian family in Bergen for over 20 years, Katrine is one day suddenly confronted with her past and now she must do everything to prevent her secrets to be revealed and destroy her family.


Cast
Juliane Köhler - Katrine Evensen Myrdal
Liv Ullmann - Åse Evensen
Sven Nordin - Bjarte Evensen
Klara Manzel - Young Katrine Evensen
Julia Bache-Wiig - Anne Myrdal
Ken Duken - Sven Solbach
Rainer Bock - Hugo



No comments: