Wednesday 3 October 2018

Protect your skin

Sun products are important for many things and comes in different forms.
Important is that it absorbs or reflects the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation and helps to protect against sunburn. Diligent use of sunscreen can also slow or temporarily prevent the development of wrinkles, moles and sagging skin.
Also, sunscreens can be classified into physical sunscreens (i.e. reflects sunlight) or chemical sunscreens (i.e., absorb the UV light).

To use sunscreen is a very important step in many Asian's skincare routine.
Compare to us in the West who loves a great tan, most Asians fear it!
To sum it up
West - Tan = Holidays
East - Tan = work on the field / wrinkles and sagging skin!

Please take it with a pinch of salt, not all are like this is West vs East. But I have more Western friends who wants to go to get a tan compare to my Eastern, meaning Asian friends.

In Sweden where I live, I have to say it's not easy to find many sunscreens for the face, there are of course a few options but not same range as in Asia.
I have tried a few here in Sweden and some actually gave me rashes! I found one decent from the Pharmacy - Apoteket.

I have to admit, I'm not using sunscreen every day, I should but I don't...
I do on sunny or somewhat sunny days but not on gloomy and rainy onces, which I should because there are bad UV coming. But I also have to say, in Sweden the UV is not as strong as in other countries. Enough with the excuses.
I know I need to become better!!!


So which one should you use?
Well... I guess it depends on you. To know a sunscreen is not the same and no I'm not only talking about SPF and PA's I'm also talking on the function - water resistant, white cast, feeling against skin, if you use make up, acne prone, hydration.. etc.
There are many many factors!! Is it a Surprise?
Also look at where it's from, e.g. EU and Korea has stronger laws for approval than the US.
And a sun screen that works wonders for you might not work on your bestie or family member!


Here are a few in my stock of different ones!

No comments: