Friday 20 November 2015

Kristina från Duvemåla



The other day I went to see the Swedish musical written by former ABBA members Björn Ulvaeus (lyrics) and Benny Andersson (music) called Kristina från Duvemåla. It is based on a series of four novels by Swedish author Vilhelm Moberg detailing a family's poverty-driven migration from Sweden to America in the mid-19th century.

We booked the tickets several months ago and I have heard so many good reviews so I was super excited. Also, one of the main cast, we used to attend the same confirmation class back in the old days.
It wasn't sold out and the seats we had purchased had been moved, not sure if we got better seats or not but fair enough ^^
It was rather cold inside so I was pleased I wore my coat. The music was great.
It started at 7 pm and ended at 11 pm, and had a 30 min break. It longer than I expected and I could have had cut off a few songs but in it all GREAT musical!!
I'm really happy we went!


No comments: