Wednesday 31 August 2011

Asia Tour 2011 - Japan

Aug 18-24


JAL airplane food


I landed at Kansai intl. airport(関西国際空港) around 2pm, I passed immigration and got my bag quite quick.
It was my first time to land in Osaka(大阪)! I found the bus quite easy after Sachiko unni's description.
I bought my bus ticket and waited 20 min before my bus that would take me to Uehonmachi (上本町) came.
I had no idea how long it would take but it took around 45-50min. I was surprised that it took that much time (^^;;) on my way I saw alot of buildings and also some palm trees!


I arrived at Uehonmachi station however Sachiko-unni had not arrived yet, I got a bit nervous just like in Taiwan. However after 10 min Sachiko-unni arrived! It felt so nice seeing her again, I really missed her just like all the other friends, it has been so nice to see everybody again.
We went down to the underground and headed towards Sachiko's house, or actually we went to her grandma's house. Her grandma is in hospital, a bit sad, however we had the whole apartment for ourselves (^^;;) a very nice apartment!

After a small talk and change some clothes we headed out again, we ended up in Shinsaibashi (心斎橋) First we passed by Johnny's shop. I bought some Arashi photos. actually it was quite fun, unni didnt remember the way so I said that we should follow some middle school girls.. ^^
Anyway we found it and it was a lot of people inside.
Afterwards we walked down Shinsaibashi main arcade, we stopped by a crepe café. According to unni it's fameous and it tasted really nice! a great start ^^

Osaka shopping


And the shopping.. OMO.. I love Japanese fashion!! however since I just arrived and had 6 more days I didn't want to spend all my money at once so I hesitated abit, which I do regret a bit now because they had really nice things in Osaka.
We also passed the "little sister" to Uniqlo. it was even cheaper, however I didn't buy anything.
For dinner we met up with Yuuka unni. we walked around to find a good Okonomiyaki place.
At last we found a buffee place, however we had to wait at least 30 min before we got a table.
Finally and super hungry we started to make our okonomiyaki. I started off with a cheese one.
The heath from the pan was tooooo hot! It felt like sitting in a sauna, the highest level!
I thought I was going to die from the heath.
As for my second I took a shrimp okonomiyaki... we all choosed different ones and shared with each other! However we couldn't even finish the 2 batch. the heath made it difficult to eat! it was delicious though. The table next to us was filled with Koreans so we had a nice chat before leaving.


お好み焼き Okonomiyaki time


On the way we passed a "300-yen" store, I bought a headband and a hat! I have searched for a hat like that for a long time, however in Korea it cost a lot more than I thought it was worth and here is was.. 300yen!!
We also passed some other stores and we also did purikura (sticker photos) it was fun, because the new trend in Japan is to make your eyes bigger and skin more white! the machine fix it for you and I went 100% just because it's insane (^0^;;) afterwards we all did some small shopping before heading home.

Back home I had a long shower, to get off the okonomiyaki smell ^^ Sachiko-unni turned on the aircon to max and we watched tv for quite some time, we watched AKB, SKB and NMB 48 do their tasks, challenge children! it was funny. Also it's awesome how their popularity have increased within the past 2-3years!


Next morning I packed my stuff and we headed out, first stop was Namba (なんば), I bought my train ticket for Nagoya and locked my bags in a coin locker.
Then we headed out for lunch, sushi!!! we went to the place that started with the sushi train (回転寿司 Kaiten sushi). The price for each plate was 130 yen! really cheap!!on each plate there were 2 pieces! and it was really delicious. I love sushi! I had a great time and so happy that unni brought me there.
Afterwards she took me to DonQi. The store is amazing, it has everything.. good things and crappy things ^^ I wish we had that kind of store back home!!
The time passed fast however before heading to the train we found a nice clothing store, I bought a t-shirt! :)
Back at Namba station I grabbed my bags, hugged Sachiko unni for a long time, I didn't want to leave but...
I said my good-bye. Even though it was only for a short time..it was a great time!


In the train I slept half the time and looked out the window for the rest... it took around 2.5 h to go to Nagoya (名古屋). Jina unni was still at work when I arrived so I walked around in a shopping mall close to Nagoya station. At Liz Lisa I found some really cute clothes, I ended up buying a pair of pants!!
24h tv did a lot of promotion at the time, since it was going to start within less than 1 day and I ended up buying a pin.


At 6.30pm I met up with unni and we headed to her house. We left my stuff, talked abit the rushed to the underground station to meet with Midori-unni. We ended up at a Izakaya called Yama-chan (山ちゃん), Yamachan is a local izakaya in Nagoya. and we ate and drank alot and enjoyed the time! Jina-unni and Midori-unni matched really well and Midori unni gave me "ニッポンの嵐" as a birthday gift. She's so sweet ^^
After dinner we headed back to Jina-unni's very hot house. We were supposed to drink wine but she didn't have a bottle opener so we couldn't. Midori-unni was quite tired and fell asleep quite fast, while me and Jina unni stayed up talking before falling asleep.

Japanese sushi is the best in the world!!

Next morning we headed out in Nagoya city.. first we had breakfast/lunch at a sushi place, again..I know ^^ but sushi in Japan is THE BEST!! there is nothing better so I just enjoyed the moment and great company. After the meal Midori had to leave and Jina-unni and me continued walking around in Nagoya city.
Today they had some kind of summer festival so there were street stalls. If it wasn't raining it would have had been perfect.
I ended up buying a few things, and we also went to subway to try their "cream soda", and even though it was subway it tasted really good!
For snack I had a ramen burger, instead of bread it was ramen noodles ^^ I also tried a japanese styled cucumber! more walking in the rain.

Ramen burger

We came home relaxed then walked back to Nagoya station and had dinner, Japanese styled pasta with chopsticks!!
I also bought my shinkansen ticket before heading home, I also gave Mitsuo-san and Takako-san a call. We deciced that I would go alone from Shinagawa(品川) to their home in Oookayama(大岡山).
Back home we watched tv, talked and I also checked some email and had a long shower! ^^

Japanese styled pasta

Next morning I woke up early and packed all my stuff, then we headed out towards Nagoya station, had breakfast at Yoshinoya (吉野家), we had gyudon (牛丼).. typical japanese!
Then we headed back to Nagoya station and I said goodbye to my "sister" and boarded my train!
I chose a Nozomi train (のぞみ), the fastest shinkansen train(新幹線 電車). It took around 2 h and 30min to go from Nagoya to Tokyo.

I arrived at Shinagawa Station(品川駅), I headed down to the Yamanote line (山手線) and took the train to Meguro(目黒) and changed for the Tokyu Meguro line. However first I had to buy a pasmo (underground/bus pass). it went fast and soon I arrived in Oookayama. I almost reached the house when I saw Takako-san. She said that I was super fast, because she was heading out to see me at the station! Instead we went back inside. I put all my stuff in my "regular" room upstairs then went down to greet them both, had a long talk about this and that.
I also watched Takako-san prepare the dinner, I love her cooking!! I like japanese food and sure restaurants are great but Takako-san's food is 10000 times better. today's dinner was tofu, donkatsu and sallad!
Before sitting down Mitsuo-san asked me what I wanted to drink, actually he asked me what kind of alcohol I wanted to drink! ^^ I asked him if they had any japanese styled alcohol which Takako-san said they didn't have however Mitsuo-san ran off and came back with a big bottle and said: I have kept this one away from my wife and laughed. So in the end I got my japanese alcohol and very delicious food.


Later in the evening I got a bit worried because Sayuri-unni (さゆり)had not called so I asked to check my email, and saw that she had written to me. I answered her back and suddenly the telephone rang and Takako-san came upstairs, it was Sayuri-unni. We decided to meet at Shibuya station (渋谷駅), Hachiko exit (ハチ公口) at 10am the next morning.

Then I had a hot shower and went to bed.

Rainy Shibuya

The next morning I woke up in time, had a nice breakfast - a mixed one between Japanese and Western style!
I think some people would find it strange to have soup made of cabbage, potato and wieners. with sallad, yogurt, bread and tea at the same time.
After breakfast I headed out to Shibuya. I arrived a bit early and decided to look around. At first I was in schock because I couldn't spot the usual HMV sign, so I crossed the road and walked up to where HMV used to be and found out they had closed, instead Forever 21 had open a huge store.
It was raining and it made me feel a bit gloomy, so I walked back to the station, where Sayuri was waiting.
It was great seeing her again, I haven't seen her for more than a year, she was my first friend in Korea back in 2008.
First she gave me birthday presents, "hichew" candy with photos of us - she had ordered them online. She also gave me a clearfile with Arashi's Sho-kun. She got it from his latest CM for Aflac, and since she knew that Sho-kun is my fave she gave it to me (^0^)

Then we walked off to Shibuya 109 and began our shopping day. In 109 they have all kind of stores, clothes, shoes, bags, accessories etc. I love the place ^^ and since it was a weekday it was not too crowded.
After spending some time inside we had lunch at a ramen restaurant nearby. I had a negi kimchi ramen ^^ Sayuri-unni paid..she is so nice, I have missed her so much and we had a fun lunch.

Afterwards we headed down to Harajuku (原宿) and walked around Takeshita-dori (竹下通り)
I found my fave stores, Momo, Wonder rocket and of course Liz Lisa. (^_^) then also all the small stores like Paris Kid's.
At last we came down to AU by KDDI and went inside, it was full with Arashi stuff - as always ^^
They also had the bench where they had taken the photos for their latest CM ^^ and one of the staff said it was popular among fans so Sayuri-unni forced me to take a photo! actually I don't really care for that kind of stuff, I mean it would have had been different if they were sitting next to me but..if they sat there months ago who cares!? :P
Anyway I sat down on the place where Sho-kun had been sitting down and took my photo!

The day continued and we headed to Ikebukuro (池袋). First stop was Tokyu Hands, I bought some kitchen supplies I had seen on TV. One was a pasta maker, you can cook pasta in the microwave. then there was also some kind of lid you put on the pasta pack and it measure 1-1,5 portions. Sayuri-unni also bought one ^^
Afterwards we walked around Sunshine city, I bought lots of stuff..haha
We took a coffee break at a cafe that had Chu creme and bubble tea. I have never had chu creme so it was a nice experience.

After some time we headed to LOFT, we didn't have much time so I checked it quickly. Then Mikina-unni (みきな) called, I let her speak to Sayuri since it was easier for her to explain where to meet. We had already decided to meet up with Setsuko-unni (せつこ) in Shinjuku (新宿) for dinner. When we arrived we couldn't find the right exit so we had to ask someone for direction, obviously we had taken the wrong stairs (^^;;)
Finally we all met up and walked to a restaurant, a typical Japanese styled one! a very nice experience and of course VERY nice company!
Setsuko unni gave me some presents, all Arashi stuff. She had gone to the Arashi school event and had bought me a towel, stickers and notebook, so cute of her and I was overjoyed ^^
It was also great seeing both Mikina-unni and Setsuko-unni!!


After dinner we headed to a bookstore and I picked up a manga book for Shao, then we went to a purikura place. first we had normal ones, we used the "most popular" machine. Then I saw some girls doing cos-play so I begged my unni's to do the same.. After showing them puppy eyes they agreed! Not Setsuko unni who said she was tooo old. Anyway we got to rent the outfit for free just because I had have my birthday earlier this month.
We all dressed out in School uniforms, sailor style!
I was seriously over the moon.. so happy! As I have never had the chance to have a school uniform it was fun for me and the sailor outfit was really cute ^^
The time was getting late and we had to split our ways and go home... Before saying goodbyes we took some photos at the station. I also called "home" saying I were on my way.

I had an AMAZING day with some of great friends, short amount of time but better than nothing!


Next morning I had to wake up at 6am. Had breakfast but was close to throw up!!
Then headed out to Ebisu station(恵比寿駅) to change train for Kuki (久喜市) in Saitama(埼玉県). When we sat down on the train Takako-san told me it was ok to sleep because it was going to take around 1 h to get to our stop.

They even have a toilet in the underground car

We finally arrived and I could see Yoko-san! It was great seeing her again, and soon after Taeko-san arrived too. Then we headed down to the car where Yoko's husband Susumu-san was waiting.
First we went to a market and they bought lots of food, then a discount shopping mall and I bought some socks. After that we headed to today's main attraction - ONSEN
I love hotsprings!! it's a great way to relax.. I almost fell asleep!! After 1 hour or so it was time for lunch, I should have had taken something cold however the Curry Ebi tempura udon looked too delicious!!And it really was.
After a long lunch we went back down and had another bath!

Onsen

After being wet and dried we took a trip home to Yoko-san and Susumu-san, where both Yoko-san and Taeko-san gave me lots of presents! As always ^^
Also I could see some marks after the terrible earthquake from March inside the house. It felt surreal and scary to see it still happy that them all were safe.
Soon it was time to head back to Tokyo and Setagaya(世田谷区), where Itsuko-san and her family lives. I had my final dinner with the family of Mitsuo-san and Takako-san (both their daughters and their children) and Taeko-san.
We had homemade sushi for dinner!!absolutely fantastic!!! A great evening!!
I also saw photos from Kyoko-chans trip to Australia. It was soo many photos yet very interesting.


Next morning, Wednesday and final day in Japan, after breakfast I headed out for some last minute shopping in Harajuku. I found some stuff ^^
Back home Takako-san had made some cold ramen dish for my final lunch, it was delicious as all her food is. As for dessert I had a icecream made of redbeans, actually I'm not a fan of it but it tasted good!!

After lunch we headed down to Shinagawa, I bought my train ticket for Narita Express aka NEX (成田空港), but before boarding we went to a café and Takako-san bought me a mango/peach smoothie. I also had time to buy a magazine, I found the latestet RAY magazine.. with no one other than Sho-kun on the cover!!!
2 in 1, I mean awesome fashion and my fave Japanese boy!! ^^
I had to say goodbye to Takako-san, it felt sad.. as always.. She is like an extra aunt for me. She is so nice!! I really like her!

I hated to go through immigration at the airport, I didn't want to leave Japan already.
Tokyo is maybe my fave city in the world and for the past 6 days I had a great time with friends and "family". I hope I can go back soon again!!


JAL Airplane food

No comments: