Wednesday 31 August 2011

Asia Tour 2011 - South Korea (1)

Aug 15-18

Finally back in Korea, I arrived in the afternoon, around 5pm. I talked to my dad on the phone since I wanted to hear all about his accident. (he fell of the roof of our cottage).
Then I came to immigration and held down my phone however the bitch at the immigration told me to stop the call, and I said but I'm not talking...still she disagreed and I shut of the phone and she gave me my passport!! what a ****! she totally did it to mock around!!
Anyway I got my luggage called my dad back, went outside and took a bus to Lotte Hotel, in Myeongdong.

I found my hostel quite fast, what a great location, right next to Hana Bank (opposite Lotte Hotel). I checked in, changed clothes and went to Myeongdong main shopping streets.
I walked around and tried to feel "at home" (^0^) It felt strange to be back in Seoul again. Almost a year had passed since last time.
After walking around I finally had dinner, my first meal was jajjangmyeon (black bean noodles). I felt quite tired and went home to sleep.


First dinner in Seoul!

16th of August, HAPPY B-day to me *lol*
I had a quick breakfast, with coffee from the new chain Coffee guru naru(spelling?!), then headed to my fave. hair salon in Seoul!! Ashdo.
I had a new hairdresser since my last one, Mayo, left the place. First we talked about the colour and I said I wanted colour + hi-lights, then cut some ends and fix my fringe.
They said it'd take some time and asked if it was ok. when they said time they meant 3 h+ ^^
Anyway I had lots of great japanese magazines to pass time with! and as always they were so polite. Finally done and I looked in the mirror with happiness! ^^

In the evening I first went to Edae but the rain kept on pouring down so I ran down to Sinchon to meet some friends for b-day dinner.
We walked to the dalkhanmari restaurant that had moved to another location, on the same street! It was so nice to have the dalkhanmari again!I have missed it so much *^^*


B-day cake

After dinner most of us went to a icecream café near Hyundai departmentstore. my friends bought me a Minnie mouse cake!!so cute.. my friends are the best!! *Jjang*
After some time some had to leave and then Eri-unni came by to say happy b-day but also to give me a present, some cakes from a nice bakery!! it was so nice to see Eri-unni again.
Later Maki-unni came and we had a chat, whent the café was going to close we walked to Maki-unni's husbands bar..
Tomoko-san also came and it was fun seeing her too! Then her husband brought out lots of food, ddeokbokki, odeng etc.
I think me, Matthieu, Maki and Tomoko stayed there until 3am, then I went out to find a cab and went home sleeping!

Next morning I woke up late, bought a vitamin water and took the underground up to Waedae and met Young Eun unni for lunch.
We went to a ddeokbokki buffee place close to Kyunghee dae. It was really delicious! and we picked out what we wanted ourselves.


Ddeokbokki lunch

After lunch we went back to Waedae, I helped unni with her project, then we had coffee at a café with a fameous barista. After that I headed down to Jamsil and met Hani.
We walked around Jamsil area, did some small shopping and then sat at café and talked. time passed by and soon I headed back up to Dongdaemun and met Heejung unni!
I were not supposed to shop at all instead I ended up buying jeans shorts, a jacket and some other things. But I guess that's the dongdaemun effect! + they have opened a new shopping mall called MAXstyle. It was pretty cheap compare to the other malls. + there were many other malls too and more seem to come in the near future.
For dinner we had naengmyeon and meat. really tasty and typical korean summer food.
Heejung unni also ended up buying lots, she always blame me.. since she always end up shopping whenever we go out ^^

Back home at the hostel I re-packed my bags, and in the morning I checked out and asked them about my bag that I wanted to leave behind for a week. the guy at the lobby said that I could just put it there, but the cleaning lady said it wasn't so good since I were not going to be back for 1 week, so she said to the guy to put it in his room (^^;;) the guy said his room was too small so the cleaning lady said she'd put it in the cleaning closet, no one beside the staff could access to it so it was good. I thanked her and took the underground out to Gimpo airport and checked in to my flight for Osaka.
Before enter the security gate I had breakfast, I had a tuna kimbap (^0^)

No comments: