Monday 6 April 2015

Underground


I actually bought this book years ago, but for some reason I haven't had the time to read it.
I finally thought it was time to start, I read it in the morning while I commute to work.
I have to say I find it super interesting. I think I prefer real events and biographies over fiction. I also remember hearing about the attack when I was younger but not so much about the details.
Murakami has really done a great book, the way he writes it you feel like you are there with him as he conducted the interviews. Also as I have been in Tokyo several times I understand the subway lines, stations, and areas around Tokyo. So to me it's almost like being in Tokyo while reading, I get visions of the areas, kinda scary but it almost feels like a documentary to me.
I still have lots to read, but I'm really happy I started to read this one!!
It's also scary how a group like Aum was able to do this, in a way this could happen anywhere. You'd never think it would happen either! 
And when thinking about it, if this would happen in Stockholm I'd bet this would become an even bigger disaster... Why you might ask. Well compare to Tokyo, we do not have that many staff at each station and I think people wouldn't notice it as quickly because the way our subways are built, a bag like that could easily be hidden underneath the seats. So if something like this would occur I think it would cause a way bigger problem! Anyway, back to reality, we just have to hope that nothing like this will ever happen anywhere ever again!

No comments: