Tuesday 1 March 2016

Dinner @ Farang

Last Friday I went out for dinner with 2 colleagues.
We went to a place called Farang. I was a bit skeptical at first since they serve Thai inspired food.
I might have said it before - I don't like Thai food that much. But for the company and the restaurant have received good reviews I though I'd try it out!!

I'm kinda happy we went, some things were not my taste but overall it was great!
I would definitely come back!

What's typical here is that all food is shared, you get a portion each. It makes it fun to share the whole experience. And therefore there are a lot of small dishes.
We chose a set menu, the seasonal one. 
Also, the nice part about the whole experience was that whenever we were served they explained about the food. And as I hate coriander, they were kind enough to take it off on my dishes. I know, Thai food always have coriander..haha. They also adjusted the menu to my allergies.




Green shell mussel with some thai basil and alga caviar

Cabbage, shrimp and cashew nuts, trout caviar, lime and a chili mix

Slow cooked lamb neck, mint, tamarind and rice

Satay chicken

Fried escallop, salted pig cheek, vermicelli noodles, cucumber and basil and a cocount chili jam

"Morning Glory" salt and pepper tofu with watercress, and pak choi.


Thai red curry on pork and pineapple and a a cucumber salad and cream


Drinks
Wine and Asian food is not a hit for me, so I chose cocktails instead.
First up was a red-lemonade with some red fruits, it was actually non alcoholic but I asked them to add some vodka into it.
The second one was called Lady Boi something, it was also fresh but I preferred the first one.



Dessert

We sorta miss-read it, We didn't see that we'd get TWO desserts!!
But not complaining, I mean dessert is always nice, but we were so full ^^
However that didn't stop me from eating..haha

As I have a few allergies I was not given the ones on the menu.
I was given these.
A cherry sorbet with fresh fruits and a white chocolate sauce.
And a Jaffa cake - with a "sand cake, creamy caramel chocolate cake with lots of orange and some vanilla ice cream on top.


No comments: