Monday 24 March 2008

Summer 08 is set

So last week I found out that I got a (summer)scholarship..I will be studying 한국어 at 이대 aka 이대여자대학교... in 서울l, 한국.
Somehow everyone I have told has laughed and said "Caroline, you do know it's a womens univ.. right?"My answer has been: "Ehm.. its called Ewha Womens university..soo NO I didn't notice!!"So WHY did I choose a womens univ. when I can go to a "mixed univ"?? Well it was the only univ. who had a intensive languageprogramme.. and I want to make the most of my time in Korea. ((Something that I might regret when I start..well shit happens))I'll be gone for more than 3 months... YAY!! *Goodbye Sweden.. Hello Korea!*

It feels like I'm on cloud 9.. Last year I couldnt imagine I would come back to Korea within 1 year!
Also I have already managed to find a place to stay.. I'll be staying an apartment really close to my univ. and it will cost around 130 000 Won (around $120) a month.. which is REALLY cheap!!! ((for being in Seoul))Why is it so cheap you might wonder.. well it's a guesthouse/apartment for Korean (overseas) adoptives..which I am..!At the moment.. I'm raising money.. Life in Seoul is not cheap - if your name is Caroline and wants to do loads.. (Shopping, sightseeing, travel, eat yummy koreanfood, have fun fun fun~)And if I get enough money I hope I can make a short trip to Tokyo, Japan on my way back home.. I'm stuck on Japanese tv-dramas and music these days so it would be cool to go there.. and I'd really like to visit Tokyo tower...And I'd also like to go to a concert, but it's almost impossible to get tickets in Japan.. ((JE has their stupied rules~ *crying*)) therefore I hope there will be some good concerts in Korea instead.. ((I missed 신혜성's concert since I had to go back to Sweden on the concert day :( ))

Ohh.. yeah.. I will be celebrating my 20th birthday in Korea.. and in Asia you become an adult at age of 20.. so Aug 16 = PARTY!! ((and it's a Saturday which is AWSOME))I'm also looking forward to meet all my friends over there..I'll be seeing you soon!!

Countdown: 2008년6월27일 ^^

No comments: