Tuesday 27 December 2011

THE BOYS (JAPANESE Re-package)


少女時代 - Re:package "GIRLS' GENERATION" ~The Boys~
This repack version was released right before Christmas and I guess most Japanese fans ran to their local store to purchase this one.
So far THE BOYS album has not been released in Japan. Instead they got a repack of their Japanese debute album + the Japanese version of The boys.
I'm not a fan of the Japanese version of the hit song The Boys. The Japanese sounds strange and the song is not as catchy as it is in both Korean and English. I was actually quite disappointed when I first heard it.
As for the other 3 songs it's maybe the songs that have been played in Japanese media the most.
I like the new version of Great Escape, I'd like to see this one be played at a concert. However the version Bad girls sounds like a bad mix of some kind of Euro-techno "trash" I heard back in the 90's. It was a disappointment, the song has lost it's edge and greatness. Also instead of "Dev" I bet Tiff could do the rapping part much better (^^;;)
I like Time Machine, it's a pure Japanese song and I guess that's why. Compare to most of their hits this year it's a slow song. It does remind me of other songs however I like it, both lyrics and music!
As for Mr Taxi - the most played one and their biggest hit in Japan this year. At the start it sounded like Super Junior's Mr Simple. Also the intro is very long, almost 1 minute.
This version is more up-tempo and could be played at nightclubs!
I'm not very pleased to be honest, the cd is very expensive and for the amount I thought I was getting a WOW moment but this isn't too much to say WOW to.
It's a shame... Or maybe it was just me who hoped for more?
★★ / ★★★★★

Tracklist
01 The Boys (JAPANESE ver.)
02 THE GREAT ESCAPE (Brian Lee remix)
03 BAD GIRL feat. DEV (The Cataracs remix)

04 Time Machine
05 MR.TAXI
06 GENIE
07 Gee
08 I'm In Love With The HERO
09 훗 (HOOT)
10 Let It Rain
11 Beautiful Stranger
12 you-aholic
13 Run Devil Run
14 BORN TO BE A LADY
15 MR.TAXI (Steve Aoki remix)



I do not provid any links for downloading...

No comments: