Monday 18 February 2013

Dual citizenship!?

Lately, being adopted from Korea people ask me whether I'll get dual citizenship or not.
Okay, for some people it's cool to have a second passport, or they feel like they belong if they have it, and others don't want to be a tourist when they visit the country they were born in.

My reason for NOT getting it.... Why do I need it?
As for now, I have my F4 visa, which allows me to do most things anyway - study, work etc.
I already have an awesome Swedish citizenship. Also with or without it, it won't change me as a person.
I don't have an urge to get it, because it doesn't change anything to me.
I'm still young, and who knows what happen in the future... if I marry a man from another country than Sweden, then maybe I'll try to get a dual citizenship with that country?
... or something like that.

With that said, I do not say that getting it is bad, however for me... it's not needed.


I refer more info to this article...
More Korean Adoptees Apply for Dual Citizenship

As stated many times before... Adoptees all around the world are different. Not even two of us are alike, we are just gathered under the same category!

No comments: