Tuesday 5 January 2016

B-day dinner at Aifur Krog & Bar


On my darlings b-day the other week I took him to this restaurant, a Viking themed restaurant.
I have to say, most were foreigners. How could you know you might ask, well.. before entering, you have a kind employee shouting it out in front of the whole restaurant ^^
Despite being a Tuesday it was PACKED with people!
I was also surprised to see that we all were sitting at one joint table. They had a few but it felt kinda awkward. In order to go to the toilet or leave you had to ask the other ones to move aside...!
But I guess that's what the Viking theme is all about a big joint table XD

Then the setting, you can see below!
To eat with that fork was not easy, lucky us living today and have more than just two!



As for mains, I had a deer, mushroom sauce, lingon berries and a parsnip pie.
My darling had a mini chicken and a mix of wheat and veggies.
I have to say mine was the best ^^;;





We also shared a dessert, a cheese cake!
To be honest I thought it would be more like a Swedish cheesecake, so to me this wasn't so much viking feeling... or maybe this was how they ate it?
I have no idea to be honest, anyway it was tasty!!


I'd really recommend a visit here if you are ever visiting Stockholm...
But don't forget to book in advance ^^

No comments: