Tuesday 25 April 2017

Korean Make up - a jungle of choices

Have you ever tried Korean make up? If you ever visit Seoul, bring a large suitcase. They have so many make up brands so you will most likely get lost!!
I have gone through quite a lot over the years, started off with The Face Shop, Skinfood and Etude House as my fave shops. However over the years I have moved over to MISSHA, Innisfree and Nature Republic as my standard brands. I think their make up suits me more.

To me Etude is too pink and girlish. And their make up doesn't fit as good as they used to.
But I do buy a few things from there now and then. Skinfood I do not even set my foot in anymore, and Faceshop I buy a few things mostly face masks and nail products.
Over the years more and more stores and brands have popped up! To me I only go to new ones if I have heard or red about a good product.
Otherwise I stick with what I know and like. it's like KPop, I stick to my old bands, I'm too old to hunt (^^;;)

In the jungle of it all, here is a video below going through a lot of stuff.
But most are from the same stores, and I understand, ones you fall for a brand you kinda buy a lot from that store. For all non-Asians (or Asians who doesn't like to be pale), Lots of the base make up is very light and white! So base make up that fits can be difficult to find. My mum always say she looks like a ghost. But she loves the eye make up, nail polish, body lotions etc. So focus on those instead in case the "whitening" is too much for you :)

Some Korean brands (remember there are a lot more but these popped into my mind right now): 3CE, A'PIEU, April Skin, Banila CO, BaviPhat, Clio, Etude House, (the) Face Shop, HERA, Holika Holika, Innisfree, IOPE, It's Skin, Laneige, MISSHA, Nature Republic, Pera pera, (the) Saem, Skinfood, Tony Moly, Too cool for school



Once you have experienced Korean make up brands, I'm telling you, you will be hooked!
In Myeong Dong you can find at about 5 stores of each brand in the area. A bit sad in my opinion. There used to be a lot of other stores but now it's mainly make up. However if any item is sold out in one of the stores I'm sure you can find it further down on the street ;)
Don't forget to ask for Tax-free :)

No comments: