Tuesday 19 December 2017

Allergies sucks!!!



Do you have allergies?
I have lots of them and when travelling it's difficult. I'm allergic to lots of foods - veggies.
In Sweden to have allergies is very common but in other countries it's not.
So in many countries it's difficult to eat because a lot cannot be changed.

The allergy I have the largest issue with is carrots!
yes you heard it right, carrots! And no I cannot eat them if they are cooked either.
In Sweden these days a lot of food companies adds carrots or substitute meat for carrots as it's cheaper. But this has caused me not being able to buy things anymore....so sad!

In Korea and Japan this has been an extra large issue because they LOVE to put carrots in food or as toppings.

And although I have my allergies, sometimes I forget to ask.
Especially for dishes where it's normally not added. Or it had sorta detailed instructions but when I get the food it's there!
In Japan they have understood and taken it off but in Korea I sometimes have to fight it.
The ajummas working thinks I'm just picky because we ALL know how much the Koreans love their carrots!

Other allergies are apples, pears, peaches, zucchini, quinoa, walnuts, and hazelnuts!
All things are good for you, it's so insane!!!
And I used to be able to eat them when I was younger, so I'm not sure why I got them.
For Quinoa I was told because I ate it so intensively, like every lunch for 3 months, then I stopped. and when I started again I got such a stomach ache I thought I was gonna die.

I went to a clinic to get myself tested, the doctor said.. OMG you have A LOT of allergies when the test came out. She also said all cannot be tested. Some could be because of other allergies in other words cross reactions.
A lot of the foods would be from pollen, but I rarely feel pollen, it happened once. But I think it was because i was inside a hotel for a week and didn't go out and the pollen got really heavy the day I stepped out. That year pollen was super strong.

Anyway... having allergies sucks!
I wish I was allergy free, but once you get them.. you cannot get rid of them!

No comments: