Saturday 7 July 2012

Rio (2011)

I know it's a movie for children... right?! ^^
Anyway it was on tv so I couldn't resist, it was a nice movie to watch as I need some relaxation ^^
I wonder how I could like it, because as all my friends know, I hate birds XD
Anyway it's lots of colour and a cute story. It also made me want to go to Rio!!!


Plot
In Brazil, various exotic birds are smuggled out of the country. In Moose Lake, Minnesota, a crate with a male blue macaw hatchling falls out of a truck and is found by Linda Gunderson, who names him Blu. One day 15 years later, ornithologist Túlio Monteiro invites Blu and Linda to Rio de Janeiro on the condition that Blu, who is the last male of his species, mate with a female macaw (Jewel). Linda accepts and they fly to Rio, where Blu meets a Red-crested Cardinal named Pedro and his Yellow Canary friend Nico. At Túlio's aviary, Blu falls in love with Jewel, a fiercely independent blue macaw longing to flee into the wilderness. The macaws are captured by Fernando, an impoverished boy, and a Sulphur-crested Cockatoo named Nigel, both of whom work for a group of smugglers led by Marcel. Nigel tells the macaws that he vowed to smuggle exotic birds after his role had been replaced on a television program. Blu and Jewel flee into a jungle, but will Blu be able to find Linda and go home?

Cast
Jesse Eisenberg as Blu
Anne Hathaway as Jewel
George Lopez as Rafael
Jamie Foxx as Nico
Jemaine Clement as Nigel
will.i.am as Pedro
Leslie Mann as Linda Gunderson
Rodrigo Santoro as Túlio Monteiro

No comments: