Monday 16 July 2012

무적자 (2010)

Yesterday I was looking around all my movies and found a few I haven't seen yet.
I bought them a year ago, but I haven't had the time to watch them. So of the ones I found I decided to watch the movie called 무적자 (aka. A better tomorrow), the remake of the HK movie from 1986. I bought it because of the male cast... 3 of them XD
As usual I like action movies a lot so it was a good one, a typical Korean gangster movie I'd say ^^
It was worth watching and great ending on my Sunday!!


Plot
Kim Hyuk is a detective in the South Korean National Police Agency, having escaped from North Korea as a teenager. Unbeknownst to his superiors, he also works as an illegal arms smuggler with his best friend and partner in crime, Lee Young-Choon, who also defected from the North.
Hyuk has a younger brother, Chul, whom he was forced to leave behind (along with their mother) during his escape. Guilt-ridden over leaving his brother behind, Hyuk has spent the past few years searching for his brother. Eventually, he finds Chul in an internment camp but Chul resents Hyuk for leaving behind the family to escape. It is then revealed that their mother was killed sometime after Hyuk's escape.
Hyuk goes to Thailand to complete an arms deal, accompanied by Jung Tae-Min, a new member of the smuggling operation. However they were double-crossed by Jung and the Thai gang. Jung escapes, while Hyuk is captured and sentenced to prison for three years. After reading about Hyuk's capture in the newspaper, Lee finds the Thai gangster in a massage parlor and kills him and his henchmen. However, in the ensuing gunfight, he is shot in the knee and crippled....

Cast
Ju Jin-mo as Kim Hyuk
Kim Kang-woo as Kim Chul
Song Seung-hun as Lee Young-Choon
Jo Han-sun as Jung Tae-Min

No comments: