Saturday 16 August 2014

I Just Wanna Hug You

I have wanted to see this for quite some time, I think mentioned it earlier this year! Anyway it's finally out on dvd so I was able to watch it.
Despite knowing how it would end I'm happy I saw it. It's a really good story of life and it touches you, I think they made a good movie out of it. I hope the families both Tsukasa's and Masami's are happy with the outcome!
If you are able to find this movie, please watch it ^^

★★★★



Title 抱きしめたい ―真実の物語― / Dakishimetai - Shinjitsu No Monogatari
Director: Akihiko Shiota
Writer: Akihiko Shiota, Hiroshi Saito
Release Date: February 1, 2014
Runtime: 122 min.

Story
Set in Abashiri, Hokkaido. Tsukasa (Keiko Kitagawa) got into a severe car accident when she was a high school student. She still suffers from the aftereffects of that accident, with memory impairment and needing to use a wheelchair. Nevertheless, she tries to live life to the fullest. Tsukasa then falls in love with taxi driver Masami (Ryo Nishikido), who likes playing basketball. Even though they have various difficulties, they try to make a happy family together, but they encounter another serious situation.

Cast
Kitagawa Keiko as Yamamoto Tsukasa
Nishikido Ryo as Koyanagi Masami
Kamiji Yusuke as Tonden
Saito Takumi as Sonomura
Hirayama Aya as Natsumi
Kubota Masataka as Junpei
Tsunogae Kazue as Koyanagi Masami's mom
Kunimura Jun as Koyanagi Masami's dad
Fubuki Jun as Yamamoto Tsubasa's mom

No comments: