Monday 6 July 2015

ラーメン燈郎一燈

I should have posted this way back in the beginning of the year but sometimes that's life!
This is a recommendation to all of you who likes Ramen and will visit Tokyo/Chiba area!

When I met up with my "sister" (one of my best friends) in Tokyo last December, we first headed to an izakaya in Akasaka close to her work. We had a great time, AS ALWAYS. We talked to the workers and had a hilarious time. Anyway as we finished our drinks and various small dishes my sister said she craved ramen noodles, i was like... fine lets go. No idea that she'd take me out to Chiba!! it took around 45 min to get there, in the middle of nowhere we ended up.
She ordered a portion of Nōkō gyokai tsuke men each and the man/chef looked at me and said, will you be able to finish it. I looked at him and went...ehm, I have no idea. I'm full already but she said this is the best so I'll give it my best.
Then the portion came!!!!!!!!!!This huge amount of food, I just starred and wondered if I could give it away to someone hungry!
I asked for a second bowl because I wanted to divide the food, the noodles was underneath it all.
See picture later! I cannot believe it only cost around 8 USD!!
It was truly delicious, too bad it's outside of Tokyo, but if I do have time next time I'm there, I'll surely visit, Good ramen is worth it!!
A great night with a lot of fun!!




After dividing the food, meat was in the bottom of the right bowl.

And then, here's is the bowls after finishing!!!
Such a waste but I was about to explode!



They have two restaurants close to each other in Shin Koiwa, 3 in total.
We neded up at the one called Ramen Toro, my friend said we were lucky because the lines are usually super long!! And I do understand why!


Address:
麺屋一燈: 東京都葛飾区東新小岩1−4−17
Menya Itoo - 1 Chome-4-17 Higashishinkoiwa Katsushika-ku, Tōkyō-to 124-0023, Japan

ラーメン燈郎: 東京都葛飾区東新小岩1−1−1
Ramen Tourou - 1 Chome-1-1 Higashishinkoiwa, Katsushika-ku, Tōkyō-to 124-0023, Japan

Closest Underground station:
新小岩駅 北口 / Shin-Koiwa, North Exit. (JR Sobu-Line).

Homepage
How to get there

The map shows the Menya place, Ramen tourou is further down the street on the same side of the street, closer to the station.




As a side, the guy next to me had this portion!! It's the largest I have seen and he finished the WHOLE thing!! The man was so tiny, did not think he could finish it off!!!

No comments: