Friday 3 July 2015

EatBao - Such a turnoff!!


A friend and I went to #MoodGallerian in Stockholm for dinner the other day, we wanted to try the new place called #EatBao. We had scheduled to meet the week before but since the restaurant only has open between Wed-Sat we rescheduled. Both has lived in Asia and has eaten Bao's before we were excited to finally get a bao place in Sweden!!
Because of the great weather and it's a new place it was super crowded.
When we came and saw the others Bao's we were like "Why does it look like a kebab/taco"?!  (^^;;)
We ordered one of each and shared, 4 in total. They look really great don't they despite it doesn't look like a bao. And it was such disappointment. 

Where should I begin...
Yes, it's some kind of Swedish fusion version.  Which is OK, a fun twist, Swedes also love their kebab/taco so that's fine. However 3 of 4 tasted HORRIBLE. It was beyond any expectations I had!

  • The Chicken looks great, like Japanese karage, but we couldn't taste anything but frying oil!!
  • The Kimchi was old, you know if you kept it open for too long it's not tasty anymore, that's when you cook kimchi stew on it!
  • Tofu - Looked like a fish stick, totally fine but didn't taste ANYTHING. And the peanuts took over everything so sadly I didn't feel any taste of the other components.
  • The Pork, we had no idea what to say, the combination did not go well in my or my friend's mouth. Too sweet in a wrong way!
  • The "bread"/"dough", It had the taste as it should have had, but it was too dense. It should be fluffy and light, not like eating a chewing gum.
To the positive bits, only one small thing! 
  • The beef  in the Beef BBQ one was good.
    The kimchi was not a highlight, see comment above. And the fried piece of fat did not look appetizing to me, but luckily my friend ate it. 




To sum it up, all have different tastes and this is my personal opinion!, I did not like this place sadly. They were tiny and did not enjoy this meal at all, only the company. So to add it with the statements above, the result is that I will, unless a dramatic change occurs, NEVER go there again!!

 / ★★★★★

No comments: