Friday 11 October 2013

Like it's something new?

These days in Sweden there are a lot on the news that the hygiene in Swedish schools is bad.
Toilets are so dirty and other areas are filthy and it's a hazard for people to visit.
Let me say, it was the same when I went to school (elementary-high school).

I hated to shower after gym class, and not to mention, go to the toilet.
I only went when I really had to do so, that means I had no choice unless I wanted it in my pants.
My biggest love was to have gym class at the end of the day so I could go home and shower instead of using the ones in school.
There were more reasons to it, I knew that the boys had also used the showers to amuse themselves and well, explore their bodies, and that didn't make it better.

I even remember growing our own bacteria back in 9th grade, know what me and my group tested?
The toilet seat in school and let me tell you, it was not a pretty sight when we saw the amount of bacteria.

But also at university it's nasty, as well as public toilets in general in Sweden.
I wonder if it's because people just lack manners? I mean if people would treat all public toilets in the way "leave it like you'd want to find it", would it be a difference?

So my evaluation, why have politicians waited until now to frown their foreheads and do something about it? Well... better now than never, right?!
Also, maybe it's time for a change in human behaviour?!

No comments: