Sunday 19 October 2014

ザ・デジタリアン (Review)

I got my hands on it already, despite release date is on Wednesday!!! I got the LE but I was able to find the RE track, written by Sho-chan too! I might buy RE in Japan in Dec just because..haha

Arashi is back with their 15th anniversary original album titled THE DIGITALIAN (ザ・デジタリアン). The more I listen to it the more sad I get as I was unable to get tickets for their upcoming tour. I think the light effects will be something else!!!gaaaah... why!?
Oh well back to the review.Every since they announced this album and what music would be featured I think the discussions have been many and long, now we finally know! This album contains a lot of new sound and mixes that we haven't really seen from them before. Still in the album Arashi shines through! I like this style a lot, and the fact that they can pull it off! I also love that they have ballads too.
Zero-G gets to me more and more, it makes me super "Genki", Asteisk that kind of song, these are songs I'll play a lot at the gym ^^
My absolute fave song on this album is the track called Hope in the darkness. I fell for it as soon as the into started and the love grew stronger the more I listened to it! I love both music and lyrics!! I can't wait to see them performing this song!!!
Other fave songs are Zero-G (Obviously - it's stuck in my brain), Tell me why, already released 誰も知らない, キミの夢を見ていた, and One Step.

As for the solos, let's begin in the order the appear, I have said it before and I say it again, despite having Sho-chan as my ichiban, I always look forward to hear Riida's solo the most. This solo is a very typical Riida song?! I think we'll see a great Riida choreography for this. The lyrics is so so though. Not as great as I wished. But not bad!
Aiba-chan's, I'm not surprised, the tile Disco Star says quite a lot, and the songs kinda reminds me of Magical song...Or is it only me?!I think children is gonna rock to this one at kindergarten..haha
Matsujun's Stay Gold - This is a typical up-tempo song that screaaaaaaaaaams Matsujun! It fits him perfectly. I wonder what kind of awesome performance he'll do! I think this is one of the best Matsujun solo songs!!!
As for Nino's, I give him cred for creating it but sorry, it's not my cup of tea at all. I'm actually kinda disappointed in so many ways I cannot even put in into words. I donno why but I think the other solos he has released over the past years have left me with a MUCH bigger impact.
And finally my Arashi ichiban - Sho-chan, The song is awesome, my fave solo in this album. It's fit's Sho-chan so well, I can see him march out on stage making all fans super genki! It's a great song to wake up! This suits him well and it's not difficult to fall in love with!

To finish off with the bonus track - This is also a song I will play at the gym..haha
It's easy to guess that Sho-chan wrote it, I can also imagine the Domes' around Japan go loud and high to this song!! The lyrics and music is a perfect Arashi tune, Sho-chan... you've done VERY WELL. A+++++++++ (^^;;)





1. Zero-G
2. Wonderful
3. Tell Me Why
4. Asterisk
5. Imaging Crazy
6. GUTS!
7. Disco Star
8. 誰も知らない
9. TRAP
10. Stay Gold
11. Bittersweet
12. メリークリスマス
13. キミの夢を見ていた
14. One Step
15. Hey Yeah!
16. Hope in the darkness
17. Take Off !!!!! (RE bonus)

No comments: