Friday 27 February 2015

엠버 미니앨범 1집 - Beautiful

Instead of having new groups or singers SM is now trying to let more of their artists to go solo.
Now it's time for tomboy Amber, I like that she's not the typical girl that we can find so easily in Kpop. But I wonder how much is the real Amber and what she has been asked to "be".
Anyway, back to the album. It's a mini album and comes with 5 tracks. As for the main track Shake that brass, I was NOT impressed, and although I like TaeYeon, to me it felt kinda unnecessary that she was in it, so sing "Hey", "Yeah", "u-ha" and one-two lines where her voice shines through, in the rest they sound blend and could be any girl. So why even bother?! I don't like the sound of the music either... I have really tried but WHY did they chose that track as main track?
However, I'm not gonna bash the whole album, I actually like the other songs - Beautiful, Love Run and Heights are my fave. Although I have to admit the song I just wanna feat. Eric Nam is not too bad either. And most songs had sounds that were, in my opinion, unexpected. She really gets to show the Kpop world that she' not only the rapper and tomboy we are used to see. I actually wish she'd used one of those songs as title track!!! Well done!! And I hope we get to hear more from her!!!




★★★★


01. Beautiful
02. SHAKE THAT BRASS (Feat. 태연)
03. Love Run
04. Heights
05. I Just Wanna (Feat. Eric Nam)

No comments: