Tuesday 2 June 2015

Dinner @ Bistro Bon

Last Friday to celebrate my friend and colleague we went to a French restaurant in Stockholm called Bistro Bon. According to critics it was all good. Or so it seemed!
We had a reservation at 8.15pm but we seriously had to wait 1 h and 5 min to get the starter, however half of us did not take the three course menu so before our mains had arrived 1 h and 50 min passed. NOT OK!!
The waiter also tried to laugh it away, very sad jokes, he put an empty plate in front of the person next to me and said, you look hungry here's a little something.

To review the starter - I love beef tartar, one of the reasons why I chose the 3 dish course.
It had kimchi mayo, kinda weird when just tasting the mayo itself but together it was good. There was also a fried oyster next to it, I didn't really see the point, I rather have had some more beef. But overall a good starter.


The main finally arrived.
Instead of the normal Moules Frites we got some sausages in ours. We had pictured that it would give a smoky flavour to the dish, but sadly there was not much to taste. I added tons of pepper to at least feel some flavour. My colleague who had ordered the standard  Moules Frites told me to try hers. it was WAAAAY better.
Thumbs up for the size, value for my money. but impossible to finish. I think all of us left at least 1/4 of it, so it felt like we had an extra portion... a waste!?






Then the dessert came, a Crème Brûlée made of Tahiti vanilla.
Looked and smelled deliciously, but the sad thing was that it wasn't cooked like it should. It was too loose, it had not set like it should.

Overall experience - So-So.
I will most NOT likely go back. I think there are way better French places in Stockholm.
I think the waiting time and the restaurant itself was really noisy are the main reasons for me to chose another place next time!

Otherwise, great company which made the very late evening great!

No comments: