Friday 12 June 2015

Time for Graduation


I can still remember the day I graduated, it was 8 years ago. Almost to the day. I took it on June 13.
Anyway, today the youngest of us graduated. She's my youngest cousin and to me she's still 5 and has trouble to pronounce my name!
Anyway, we are heading down to the city where my uncle and his family lives in a few hours to celebrate!!
I'm so happy for my cousin!




For all of you who are not familiar to Swedish culture. To graduate High school is a bigger celebration than from University! Both Bachelor and Master.
You wear the cap, see above, and if you are a girl wear a white dress and boys wear a suit! (most ones wear black ones). 
You celebrate from morning to night.
Inside the hat friends and classmates write comments like "Omg, cannot believe we made it, these three years are done", "We are the best"... etc
Many students rent a big truck and party for a few hours on the truck, that's driving around the city or area of your preference (that's legal). Afterwards you head home for a dinner with family and friends, get gifts then head out to party at a location, either rented by you and your friends, or by the school. It depends on you. I celebrated with my school. And the party continues all night long!!!

No comments: