Wednesday 3 June 2015

Sushi @ 回し寿司活 (Katsumidori)


Katsumidori is probably my fave sushi chain in Japan.
And my fave place to visit is their branch at Meguro station.
This place is a kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi place. It's always super crowded but the waiting time isn't too long and it's so worth it ^^ If you are a group of 3 and more they also have tables, but most people are seated at the counter.



All the items are marked and you can easily see the price of each dish. the cheapest starts at 100 yen. And all plates have different colours so it's easy to recognize the price.


Everything goes round and round and the chefs puts on new things all the time.
If you are missing your favourite piece you can take out the folder and a small slip, fill in what you want and give it to the chef. He will the prepare it for you.


Not only is everything super fresh it's also very convenient in many ways.
You can easily pick what you want, they have menu's in both Japanese and English, however most of the staff only knows Japanese, but for most of you who are visiting Japan, you will understand that gestures is another way of communication ^^

A lunch usually comes out at 1000 yen +, I say plus because well.. Appetite differs and if I speak for myself, I usually maximize my stomach when going there ^^
Tomorrow I will share more photos, mainly photos of my fave sushi pieces!!

No comments: