Friday 28 March 2014

Cola baked chicken

Here's a very weird dish I remember from Season 4 of MasterChef Australia.
I found it as I looked up the other recipe that I posted yesterday.
Sometimes I actually think Matt Preston's food is more amazing than George and Gary's just because it's simple and easy!
I'd never create something like this, I mean.. Coca-cola as main ingredient!?
But since it made the show, I should try it out ^^
I guess the sweetness of the coke will make a nice taste!!
I'll try to make this in the near future!!



Ingredients
750ml cola
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 large brown onion, grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1kg chicken wings, cut at the joints
Juice of one lemon


How to cook
1. Preheat oven to 140°C fan forced.

2. Combine cola, sugar, garlic, onion and soy in a bowl.

3. Arrange chicken wings in a single layer in a deep oven tray and pour over cola mixture.

4. Bake for 3-3.5 hours or until sauce is thick and very sticky.


Recepie and photo @ Masterchef Australia

No comments: