Friday 8 September 2017

Saving money


As my wedding prep is over.. I got married ;) My next project is to save money and create a beautiful home! So basically I went from one expensive project to another..haha
Oh well, the house should be a long lasting one and therefore it needs to be carefully created.
Just like the wedding, only one shot!

We will of course bring a lot of stuff we have in our current house. But somethings we cannot there are just things that won't fit.
I was so angry the other day when we realized the sofa we have only comes in the size we have.
I wanted a second one slightly smaller, but nope... not available.
Which leaves us to buy a new. And with a larger sofa we'd need a new sofa table. You see, it piles up already!

Another item we want to buy new is a larger bed! A bed can come cheap but then there is also the more expensive. And buying a bed isn't like buying a top. You cannot bargain either because.. who knows the real truth, a bed that cost 1000 USD can be as good as 2000 USD..no?
And is a 10 000 USD bed really worth the price? a jungle I don't want to enter, just need to swipe my card.

Did I tell you, I have a fear of credit cards?
I have NEVER bought anything using a credit card / pay in installments. The fear of the extra rates or suddenly be without money and still have a bill to pay. No Thank You.
Has it ever happened to me? No.
Do I own a credit card? No.
I keep it simple, I save and yes, I'm good at it! I have never been in a situation I cannot afford what I want. I'd rather say it has been about if I feel it's "worth it?" / "Do I really need it?"
And after I have saved and finally buying the thing I have saved for, I feel happier :) It was worth the wait...

Every penny counts!

No comments: