Saturday 7 October 2017

Korean spicy pork bulgogi

I made a spicy Korean pork bulgogi at home the other day. It turned out really delicious.
So I want to share it with you. I didn't make it that spicy, mainly because my hubby is not a fan of spicy food. It it had been only for me I'd had put more chili into it. Anyway. I think it turned out very nice.

When it comes to the meat. I chose pork tenderloin. For this dish you can also use pork shoulder or pork belly, but I like tenderloin because of the texture when it cooks :)
Choice is yours. Just try to select a piece which one become hard and stiff as it cooks.




Recipe
4-5 portions.

Ingredients

700 g pork (I prefer tenderloin)
1 large bell pepper
3-4 green onions
1 medium size onion
3 garlic cloves
1 thumb size ginger piece

Mirin
Soysauce (japanese / cooking soy)
Sesame oil
Black pepper
Gochujang (Koreansk red pepper paste)
Brown sugar

Optional
Korean chili flakes, 1 chilifruit
Carrots, mushrooms...
Be careful, the more you add can affect the seasoning.

How to cook
Cut the meat into smaller and thinner pieces
Wash and cut the bellpepper in middle size pieces, cut the onion into thin pieces. Wash and cut the green onion into smaller pieces, not too small.
Finely chop the garlic and ginger.
Add all into a pan.
Pour 2 tbs mirin, 3 tbs soy, 2-3 tbs sesame oil, 2 large tbs gochujang, 2-2 tbs brown sugar, add black pepper.
Put on the heat and let it cook, stir now and then so all ingredients get the good flavour.
Cook until the meat is done.
Serve with salad and rice.

#KoreanFood #Food #Bulgogi #Korean #FoodAtHome

No comments: