Sunday 29 June 2014

新宿の焼身自殺発生



Around 1 PM local time, a Japanese citizen attempted self-immolation in Shinjuku,Tokyo.

According to the Metropolitan Police Department, he was protesting against the controversial right to collective defense and Abe cabinet, which is pushing this collective security.

The man, who seems to be around 50s ~ 60s was dressed in a business suit, climbed up the crossing bridge from Lumnine 1, right outside the 新宿駅南口 (JR Shinjuku station South Exit), with 2 bottles of gasoline.
He then poured the gasoline over his head and set fire on himself. He fell off from the bridge while burning. He was rescued by firefighters but his physical state has not been announced.



It's scary that people take these kinds of actions just to get themselves heard!
Also, to me, this is a place in Tokyo I usually visit. And last December when I was there, I stayed in the neighbourhood and passed this place every day!!!
I wonder what will happen to the man?!

No comments: