Wednesday 4 March 2015

Korean inspired taco


I had a craving for tacos, but I wanted to try something different.
So instead of having chicken or regular meat, I spiced up some pork belly with a Korean marinade.
I let it sit for 24 h, yes I started the night before, a big project for such a small thing I know XD
Anyway, it tasted delicious. I loved the taste of the meat together with the normal taco ingredients!
This time, instead of the normal sauce, I had a pineapple salsa, not sure if it had lots of extra sugar but I didn't care!! I'm def. gonna try to make this again! And I also got a lot of left overs from the meat, which I can eat with other foods later ^^


Besides from the meat, which I also mixed some sugar snaps, mushrooms and green onion, I also had corn, salad mix, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and cucumbers ^^
I bought the new soft taco shells that can stand on their own. I really like them, small yet big enough!
Next time I'll probably try a meat without so much fat, pork belly tasted good, but too much fat, I prefer the meat ^^


No comments: