Thursday 22 September 2011

Americanized

Once again the Swedish newspaper showed how we take after things that happen in the US, or to be clear.. WE write about things that happen in the US.

In today's Metro newspaper there was an article about that you can pay with your phone, it works ask a "credit card". It's Samsung and Googe who makes this possible.
And if you have a certain Samsung phone you can try it out.


Well... What can I say!?

In South Korea they have had this for more than 2 years!! Or actually it's not connected to Google, only to your own bank. It's like having your Visa/Master Card in your phone. You can also use it to withdraw money from an ATM.

BUT my point is: Have we ever read about it in the NEWSpaper before?
- NO, I don't think so.

As we in Sweden normally look towards our WESTern friends and not as much to our EASTern. Can I call it sad?

Like I mentioned, in S. Korea you can not only pay with your phone, you can also withdraw money from an ATM with your phone. Also this is NOT only with various SMARTPHONES.
I had a phone back in 2008, I could do it with that phone too, a really simple one! (a 2G one)



I wish we could open our eyes abit more. We call ourselves global but really are we?



Today's song: AKB48 - フライングゲット (Flying get)
I'm not a fan of AKB48, but their popularity is really growing by each day, now they also have NMB48 and SKE48. The Japanese Otaku's love these girls...
(AKB = Tokyo, NMB + SKE = Osaka and Nagoya)

No comments: