Wednesday 20 March 2013

Lucky me..

Donno how many of u who heard what happened in South Korea today.

The websites and computer networks of South Korea’s major broadcasters and banks were paralyzed Wednesday afternoon in an apparent concerted cyber attack.

The simultaneous shutdown at 2 p.m. of KBS, MBC, YTN, Nonghyup and Shinhan Bank systems came after North Korea threatened cyber attacks. Jeju Bank and two insurance subsidiaries of Nonghyup were also affected.


Anyway, I'm happy I'm not in Korea atm.. also that I'm not a customer at Shinhan Bank, like many of my friends. They said they were unable to get any money at all, which of course sucked as most of my friends never carries cash anymore, only card.

Of course this made a big news all over the world, even in Sweden!
It's scary how others can do this, and I wonder if N.Korea was really behind it?
In a way, their relationship is not good at the moment but things like this is not helping, also they attacked big companies. Also consider how many good people they have in South who should be able to solve this fast, you think at least... it's even more scary.
Like a scene taken from a Korean tv drama!


More info to read about what happened go here Korea Herald article

No comments: