Tuesday 27 March 2012

도가니/Silenced 2011


Today I finally watched one of the most horrible movies ever, based on true stories that are to horrible and awful to tell!
I was so "sad" I missed this movie when I was in Korea last summer, I saw it was gonna air in various movie theatres just a few weeks after I went back to Sweden. Also friends of mine said it was so sad and horrible but they were glad they saw it, in order to understand more and to be more aware!!
The movie I'm talking about is the South Korean movie called 도가니 (also known as The Crucible or Silenced in English)
I have seen lots of movies and this one was a great yet very sad movie, just because it's based on true events. I feel so bad for children who are abused in any way (also adults), even more for people who are disabled and cannot express themselves.
It's also a sad chapter in Korean society and history. However I do bet similar events has or is going on in other countries. And to take this to a screen makes more people aware of what's going on when no-one is looking!

If you can find this movie you should watch it! Even though it's sad it's worth to watch!

★★★★★/★★★★★

Story

Kang In-ho (Gong Yoo) is the new arts teacher at the Benevolence Academy in the fictional city of Mujin, North Jeolla (South West S.Korea). He has a dark past - his wife was a high school student who committed suicide and his daughter is under the care of his mother. In-ho is hired to teach deaf students in school but he soon discovers a dark secret that lurks among the students and the faculty. Together with Seo Ye-jin (Jung Yu-Mi), a human rights center secretary, they aid the children in their fight!

Main Cast

Gong Yoo - Kang In-ho
Jung Yu-Mi - Seo Ye-jin
Kim Hyun-Soo - Yeon-Du
Jung In-Seo - Yu-Ri
Baek Seung-Hwan - Min-Su


No comments: