Sunday 16 July 2017

Vegetarian meal


We have started to cook more vegtarian food at home.
This week we made beetroot and feta cheese pie.
I cheated and bought ready dough, yes bad for you.
But I wanted a thin crust and I knew if I make it I will be suck with a lot of it. So I gues it isn't too bad.

In the pie we put beetroots, spinach, onion and feta cheese and delicious herbs.
I only put 150 grams of cheese (one package) but I could seriously have put in two!
Other than that...DELICIOUS!!!

Ingredients
Pie dough - make your own or buy one
500-600 grams of beetroots (pre-cooked) or cook your own.
150-300 grams of feta cheese (depends if you love cheese like me or not)
150-200 grams of baby spinach
1 large onion 
1 tb - rosemary, basil, black pepper
a pinch of salt
2 large eggs
2 cups milk

1. Make and pre-cook your dough
2. Put your owen to 225 C
3. Cut onion in wished size, cook in frying pan until soft.
3. Add spinach and cook until soft
4. Mix eggs, milk and spices in a bowl
5. Cut the beetroots into smaller pieces
6. Add beetroot and onion/spinach mix onto pie dough
Pour over egg/milk mix
Crush feta cheese on top
7. Place in the center of the owen, bake for 25-30 min

No comments: