Thursday 10 November 2011

Question time

I got questions from some readers:
1. My trips to Asia and how I can go "so often" Who pays?
2. If I have attended concerts with various J-, K-pop artists.
3. Asian languages... how many do I know?
4. Do I like Asia more or Europe?

My answers:

One of my biggest passions in life is to travel and Asia has become a travel paradise for me!
I try to work as much as possible, save money I earn and then go where my heart wants to go.
My parents do NOT pay for my travels, of course they give me something but I'd rather call it pocket money.. I pay for 99,5% of my travels!!

I'm lucky to have friends and relatives around in Asia so I can stay with them... otherwise, Hotel or hostels are not that expensive. I rather put my travel money on food, shopping and sightseeing. Okay I do want a place that's safe and quite clean... but that's it. When I travel I'm only going to be there to sleep, shower and change clothes. the accomondation is not my hang out.

My fave places so far are Seoul and Tokyo. I used to live in Seoul, and I was also born there so I call it my second home.
In Tokyo I have relatives, they live in central Tokyo!! It takes maybe 15min to go to Shibuya or Harajuku (popular spots). I have always stayed at their house when I've been there.

I really like Meguro.. and Setagaya.. as places to have a house!! (^0^)
My relatives and friends also take me around to beautiful places around Tokyo area. However I also do like to get lost by myself in the wonderful city.

Since 2007 I've been to Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Singapore, S.Korea and Taiwan.
I've been to Japan maybe 4-5 times.

Lived in Korea for aprox 1 year, then traveled there back and forth!

Japan: Tokyo, Yokohama, Kamakura, Hakone, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka and Fukuoka
Korea: Seoul, Suwon, Incheon, Kangneung, Gwangju, Boseong, Mokpo, Kyeongju... other small places


As for concerts yes! Mostly in Korea.
I've been to SM Town, Lee Seung Gi, Fly to the sky, Big Bang etc... I've also been to various free concerts and recoding of Inkigayo etc!
In Japan I've only been to a KinKi kids concert. Often when I'm in Japan my schdule has been jammed so I haven't had the time, money... or been able to find a concert I really really want to see.



I do speak Korean more or less fluently.
My Japanese is so-so. I do understand much more than I speak. To write on a computer is fine, but my grammer tend to S U C K. I'm working on it though! (^0^) My relatives in Japan usually speak in Japanese with me so I pick up things everytime I see them... also watch lots of J- varity shows, drama and movies also listen to lots of music and pick it up from there too.
Chinese (Mandarin) - only a few words and can read some characters.. I know traditional better, they are also used in Korea and Japan...



I don't think it's about 1 place over another. The home is where the heart is..right?!
I know I tend to write more exciting things about Asia rather than Europe. I think it's becuase I grew up in Europe and Europe is home. I can see more "negative sides" of this part of the world! But there are of course negative sides of Asia too. However to me Asia is all about having fun and relax... kinda weird since it's always on the move (^^;;) In the future I do think I'll settle down in Europe and still have Asia as my travel paradise. It's a shame to turn it around!!
The more time you spend in one place you realise what you have. Shopping food and having fun in Asia is great and a lot cheaper than in Europe. But there are always a down side of every story!!

No comments: