Sunday 19 January 2014

火鍋 / しゃぶしゃぶ

Yesterday I met up with "A" for lunch.
We went to have Hot pot / shabu shabu ^^
I have heard about this place for a long time but never been able to visit. Better late than never right ^^
The owners were Chinese so I should call it Hot Pot right? ^^ But since it was a Japanese restaurant it should be Shabu Shabu.
In the end we ended up with a mix as we had Sichuan soup base and Sukiyaki soup base.

It was a buffet, and we were the only there.. We thought it was kinda odd as it was lunch on a Saturday and all. Yet it was very relaxing, we could eat what we wanted and talk a lot and not have to think of the surroundings. ^^

We picked various meats - beef, shrimp, clams, and mussels, Tofu, veggies - been sprouts, shiitake, black mushrooms, broccoli, bok choy, sweet potato...And cellophane noodles.







Our fave was the sukiyaki base, a bit sweeter than what I'm used too, yet both of us really like it.
Of course Sichuan was also good, but we both preferred the other one.
They have 4 bases in total, next time I want to try another base than Sichuan.
Yes, I really have to go back there, it was such a nice meal, and of course great company ^^
At the restaurant they kept on playing K-pop artist T-ara's songs, it felt kinda weird yet amusing :P
I wish we had even more places like these in Stockholm. However I'm happy we have one! And it was delicious. This kind of Asian buffet is THE BEST!!


...



Done eating... ^^


No comments: