Friday 24 January 2014

Monica Z

I finally got to see this movie everybody is talking about. I didnt really know a lot about Monica as her prime time on stage was way before my time.
Oh well... it was interesting to see, however I do believe I was maybe a bit too young to understand everything. So that's also why I didn't get the wow feeling I thought I was gonna get from watching it. And maybe it was also because I had higher expectations. Anyway my parents on the other hand, whom I watched it with, could understand a lot more. So they appreciated it a lot more!
But in all, a good movie, however if I could mention something bad about it... then it would be when it came to a few expressions in Swedish, they had made some mistakes here and there. E.g back in the 60's you'd never use "You" to a Doctor!!


★★★



Title: Monica Z
English Title: Waltz for Monica
Release date: 13 September 2013 (Sweden)
Running time: 111 minutes
Country: Sweden
Language: Swedish/English

Story
Waltz for Monica (Monica Z) is a 2013 Swedish biographical film directed by Per Fly.It is based on the true life and career of singer and actress Monica Zetterlund.
Monica is a jazz singer who makes it from a telephone operator to a national celebrity. But fame and party life take their toll.


Cast
Edda Magnason as Monica Zetterlund
Sverrir Gudnason as Sture Åkerberg
Kjell Bergqvist as Monica's father
Cecilia Ljung as Monica's mother
Vera Vitali as Marika
Johannes Wanselow as Beppe Wolgers
Oskar Thunberg as Vilgot Sjöman
Randal D. Ingram as Bill Evans
Rob Morgan as Miles Davis
Amelia Fowler as Ella Fitzgerald
Clinton Ingram as Tommy Flanagan
Harry Friedländer as Hasse Alfredson
Andréa Ager-Hanssen as Lena Nyman

No comments: