Sunday 12 January 2014

Okonomiyaki craving

I have a craving for Japanese Okonomiyaki(お好み焼き). It's one of my fave dishes in the Japanese cuisine!
I posted a few photos last month from my short stay in Osaka where mum and I ate it.
We had both Osaka styled and Hiroshima styled ones.

What's the difference then? Well.. besides small things, The main is that Hiroshima has noodles in it ^^
I have never had the time to go to Hiroshima to try it, so I was overjoyed when we found this place in Osaka.
I was actually thinking of going to a place I visited back in 2008, but we were stressed and I forgot the street so we ended up at a smaller place, but so delicious ^^

This was located on one of the busiest food streets down in Namba area. And because it was lunch hour we were seated by the counter, because waiting would be too long. Anyway my mum got to see how it was made ^^
One cost around 1050 yen. We couldn't finish them!! And next to us these skinny and small Japanese girls were seated and they ate them so fast we could almost not believe it!! For us we could barely finish half each!!

The chefs


Hiroshima styled

Osaka styled

No comments: